Aqualab has accredited sampling by the NP EN ISO/IEC 17025. With a wide adventure in the business, this lab performs sampling throughout the Algarve and Alentejo.
The samples are carefully stored in refrigeration suitcases, meeting the following technical norms:
- ISO 19458, Water Quality — Sampling for microbiological analysis
- ISO 5667-3, Water Quality — Sampling – Part 3: Guidance on the preservation and handling of water samples
- ISO 5667-5, Water Quality — Sampling – Part 5: Guidance on sampling of drinking water form treatment works and piped distribution systems
- ISO 5667-14, Water Quality — Sampling – Part 14: Guidance on quality assurance of water sampling and environmental handing
- Recommendation ERSAR n.º 01/2017 — Sampling procedures for human consumption in supply systems
In the microbiology and physical-chemistry laboratories we analyse:
- Water for human consumption (Decree-Law 306/07);
- Natural and spring mineral waters
- Irrigation water;
- Water from swimming pools and water parks;
- Bathing water;
- Industrial water (cooling, circulation, production, etc.);
- Demineralised water;
- Water for concrete;
- Wastewater and industrial effluents;
- Sludge and soils;
- Sanitary and hygiene control of handlers, surfaces and utensils;
- Research and Quantification of Legionella pneumophila.
To organize the various activities performed in the laboratory, the Department is divided into several areas:
- Preparation room of sampling material ;
- Sorting Room.
2. Physical-Chemical Analysis
- Organoleptic Room;
- Chemistry Room;
- Residual Chemistry Room.
3. Microbiological Analysis
- Sample Preparation Room
- Seeding Room
- Incubation and Reading Room
- Sterilization Room
- Molecular Biology Room